Guests are welcome to use the spacious and comfortable sitting room. This is the perfect spot to relax and plan the next day’s activities, decide where to go for dinner, enjoy a book, admire the view of the garden, watch the bird life or on colder days, simply relax in front of our wood burning stove.
Breakfast and dinner is served in the bright spacious dining room overlooking the garden and the surrounding countryside.
Our two en-suite bedrooms have comfy king sized beds, white cotton bed linen and soft white towels. One of the rooms also has a single bed. Each room has:
- Flat screen digital TV
- Hot drinks tray with tea and fresh coffee on offer
- Toiletries manufactured locally
- Bottled water
- Central heating
- A selection of books and magazines
• Free WiFi internet access
• DVD Player
• Secure storage for bikes
• Ample car parking on the drive
• Iron and ironing board
• Various puzzles and board games
The garden surrounding the house was started from scratch over ten years ago. Guests are warmly encouraged to use the garden to relax, watch the wildlife, enjoy the views or maybe take out your camera or watercolours as some previous guests have chosen to do.
We have created areas for herbs, vegetables and fruit. Much of the garden has been designed to attract wildlife so there is an abundance of flowers, shrubs and trees as well as lawn areas and a pond.
We have a strict no smoking policy for both the house and the garden.
Breakfast is served around the dining room table overlooking the garden. We use as much organic and local produce that we can find and grow our own fruit and vegetables to use whenever we can. We will do our best to accommodate any dietary requirements but please let us know your preferences when you book.
You will be offered:
• Homemade toasted bread
• Freshly made Scottish pancakes
• Muesli and a selection of cereals,
• Porridge cooked the way you prefer
• Fresh fruit platter and natural yogurt
• Fruit compote
• Freshly brewed coffee (decaffeinated available on request), a choice of teas
• Fresh fruit juice
• Cooked in the Aga: local sausage, bacon, black pudding, mushrooms, tomato
• Free range eggs cooked to your liking
• Continental breakfast
• Locally smoked salmon with scrambled egg
• Selection of omelettes
If you enjoy a picnic, a packed lunch is available on request to keep you going until the evening!
Cooking with the wealth of local produce is a passion, so we can offer 2 or 3 course dinners by arrangement and if required vegetarian food on request.
Cooking with the wealth of local produce is a passion, so we can offer 2 or 3 course dinners by arrangement, if required we can offer a vegetarian option upon request.